Monday 11 July 2011

Enter Here


We all have to start somewhere. Any step we make in the right direction, no matter how small, makes a big difference. Nobody is perfect, expecting perfection uses a great deal of energy. It doesn't matter what you do, just that you do it. I started with organising the entrance to my house.
 
This is my entrance way organised

It might not look like much, but it has made a huge difference to my life.


I do not have a before photo, but it was hideous and embarrassing. There were too many shoes in the bucket, the shoes didn’t even fit it the bucket, and shoes were strewn about. There were things in the bucket that weren’t shoes. The floor was sandy, the cupboard was dusty and the walls were scuffed. The cupboard had letters, catalogues and other mail piled high along with and random junk. The drawer was a big mess. There were mobile phone chargers everywhere. Also a giant vase of dusty flowers and a disused fish tank.
  First I tackled the shoe bucket and decreed that each person could have a maximum of two pairs of shoes in there and shoes must go in there when not worn. I then proceeded to relocate non-shoe items and clean out the dirt and rubbish. Next to cleared was the mountain of mail and fish tank, which was placed in the "to sell" pile . Once all that didn’t belong was gone, I scrubbed and swept and dusted and polished. Now it’s sparkling. The cupboard was on one side and it looking wrong, so it was centred. The drawer was organised and practical. Then I got to decorate, to display things I’d made or collected. It was a good moment to decorate rather than dump. 
The mobile phone chargers are all in the drawer now, to be gotten out only when in use. There is a container for keys and for charged batteries. I hid a notepad and some pens behind the picture. To finish off, I placed a nice big picture directly above the cupboard. I love it, it makes me smile and be proud whenever I come inside.
  As I return home, I am reminded of my journey and my goals, and my spirit is renewed. It is a good and gentle sign for me to continue along my path. 
This post is poignant because is the first post for this blog and it signifies beginning of a new chapter in my journey. I am opening a door and entering this stage of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment